Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remember

Today at 8:46am, 9 years ago, tragedy struck America. I remember all too well this day and I don't think it is something I will ever forget. I was a junior in high school and we had just entered our second period of classes when we had a TV sitting in our classroom. I was thinking awesome! Movie day! But that was far from what it was really for. I remember our teacher telling us that something bad has happened and that this day is going to make major history. He turned the TV on and the classroom was silent. In fact the whole school was silent. I couldn't believe my eyes. We were watching in absolute horror as the story unfolded minute by minute and the towers began to fall.  I remember just sitting there, watching with so many feelings. Hatred, sadness, awe, shock, horror, the list goes on. Why would someone do something like this. What is really going on? We all know what unfolds from there but it is still just as real now as it was 9 years ago...

As most of you know I am married to a soldier and so I have a big sense of American pride. I've always had this pride but I think it grows once you are a little more invested to it if you know what I mean. So I think it is very important to remember this day and talk about. But most importantly I think it is important to remember those who lost their lives this day. From the service men and women, to the people who were courageous enough to crash their plane to the people lost at the pentagon, to those trapped inside the towers that fell, to those that witnessed them fall first hand, and to those who lost someone this day, 9 years ago, I remember you. This day left a big hole in America's heart forever. So for this I say let us pray for us all and have some silence today in remembrance. From 8:46am when the first plane struck to 10:28am when the last tower fell I will be silent. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment