Sunday, November 14, 2010

Helping our world one comment at a time =).... and a contest too!

Ok, so I have been pondering this for a little while. Some other photographers that I follow do this cans for comments every year about this time, and I think it's another great way to give back. What they do is that for every comment on their blog they go out and buy a can of food to donate to a local shelter! So say someone got 50 comments, they would donate 50 cans of food!!! It's great what people can do when they get together!

So here is my little twist to this great idea, with a little contest stuck in the middle too! For every comment I get on my blog or facebook page I am going to put forward 1 item of need to go to our local Atchison Salvation Army. By item I mean a can of food, a box of laundry soap, a pair of gloves, a package of socks, etc., etc. Whatever the Salvation Army says they need the most is what I'm going to give them! I'm really excited for this, because nothing makes me happier than helping out others! I love seeing the smiles and hearing the thank you's from those that are touched by just a little bit of help. Sometimes that's all someone needs to get back on their feet = a little bit of hope and love, esp from a stranger. And that is where I, and YOU, come in!

So what about the contest part? Ok, so I'm not limiting you guys on how many times you can comment. Comment once a day, or twice a day, or ten times a day! The sky is the limit! I love comments, so tell me what you think, or don't think, or just say hi! I'm down for anything (But please note that anything offensive or inappropriate will be deleted). So what am I getting at here you might ask? The person with the most comments will get $30 gift certificate to either use towards a session fee, prints, or a cd/release. Anything I offer you may put your certificate to! Whats better than helping out and getting something in return? Sounds like a deal to me!

So comments are open as of right now, 9:25pm on Sunday November 14th! This contest will be open until the end of the month. I will announce the winner on December 1st!

So spam me with your comments! I dare you!

=)

3 comments:

  1. Hey everyone if you want some wonderful photos, taken by a Awesome lady who takes her time a does a Super Job. Get ahold of kristy she is totally Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool idea i would have never thought of any thing like this.

    ReplyDelete