Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Relay for Life



Last Friday was Atchison's annual Relay for Life. This is my second time going to one of these but it was still touching all the same. However, I didn't get to stay very late this time to get some of the photos I really wanted because I had two little girls I needed to take home and put to bed. And my main priority was to direct my dancers who performed. But I did manage to steal a few in between it all...




For those of you who never been to one of these before, the people in the purple shirts are survivors of cancer and they get to open the night with the first "victory" lap around the track. Now this year's theme was celebrating another birthday so as they made their way around everyone sang Happy Birthday to all the survivors. I didn't really know any of the survivors this time but it still made me teary eyed. But of course I'm some what of a softy. =)


These two were just too cute! Goes to show that this event is for the whole family!


And of course they have lots of games and things to do....



I thought these were really neat... As my dancers were doing their number the sun was setting just right in the back that is just shone beautifully behind them. Love these!





Hopefully next year I will be able to stay and get photos of the bags lit up at night. It's really cool thing to do and possibly next year we will have a team of our own. If you never been to one it's a good thing to experience! And of course it's always a good way to do your part in helping!


No comments:

Post a Comment