Sunday, October 31, 2010

2010 Holiday Contest Winner!!!!

Are you ready for the unveiling of this years contest winner?!? I am!!!!

So this year we had a really tough choice on our hands! I couldn't narrow it down to the top five so I sent all my entries to my judges. So my judges had an even harder job! I got several emails from them that they couldn't decide and that it was really hard to make a choice. So I had a few that voted more than once because they couldn't make a decision. Then I had a few who had no idea! So.... we ended up with a three way tie!!! How crazy! But because we can only have one winner I made my husband draw a number out of a hat!

So the winner of the 2010 Holiday contest winner is..... Trudy Kau! Trudy was nominated by her niece Amanda Valliant. Amanda left me an amazing story about her Aunt and I think it definitely showed to the judges. Trudy, her husband, and her three kids have taken in two extra children from their extended family because of certain circumstances. The two babies were originally put in foster care where they weren't getting the care they needed. So Trudy went out of her way and paid for classes to be able to take these two kiddos into her home and give them the attention and care they need. What an amazing woman and family to sacrifice so much to care for two children that aren't their own!

So Trudy Kau and family, Congrats and I will be getting in touch with you soon!!!

And since it was such a hard decision this year, and since we had a three way tie, I am going to do a few extra things for this years contest. I was really touched by some of these stories and believe that everyone who entered deserve something for their troubles! So to the other two entries who were in the running from the three way tie, I am offering half priced sessions to you! AND for the others who entered but didn't make the top three, I am going to offer you $25 off a session! I will be typing up some emails and vouchers and will be getting in touch to all of you who entered within the next week!

So thank you to all my judges for helping with this hard decision, and thank you to all my entries for putting yourself out there and giving it a chance! I am a firm believer that simple acts of kindness can spread across the world! So with this all I hope is that kindness will continue to spread over the world, or the US.... or at least within our little town =)

No comments:

Post a Comment