Sunday, October 3, 2010

Part I: Curtis and Cassidy are married!!!

Ok guys, so since I have so many photos that I would like to share, the blog posts are going to come in 2 or 3 posts. So I'm just going to start at the beginning on Friday. They asked me to come along to their rehearsal and take a few snap shots here and there. We started the evening off with a prayer....


There are so many weddings (and even my own) where the groom is just hanging back and doesn't really know what is going on. They just wait to do what they are told. It is usually the bride who is on top of every detail and the go to person for decisions. Well Curtis was definitely not one of those guys. He knew exactly what was going on and took part in every detail. Many times when people had a question they would go to him instead of Cassidy!  I was really amazed by how he took charge like the photo below.


And off we went to Cedar Ridge for the dinner. I absolutely love this place. The food is very yummy and I love the atmosphere. Perfect place for a party or rehearsal dinner!



 So here we move to the big day. The ladies got their hair done at Touch of Class in Atchison. I joined them at the salon, but I don't think they were too excited to have a camera there before they were beautified. So I will be nice and not show them to the world. For now anyways.... =)


So here we are at the church, hair all done and ready to go. So whats next other than putting on the dress?


 I couldn't decide which version I liked better so I gave you both. =)

And her first view of herself in her dress. And if I remember her words correctly the first thing she says is, "this is weird".

But it isn't complete without the veil....


 I love her facial expression above!!!


Cassidy is very close to her grandpa and so this would be his first glance at his gorgeous granddaughter! A special moment of course, but I love how they joke together. You can definitely feel the bond the share.


Now don't think I forgot about the boys completely. I did get to sneak some photos of them placing the boutonnieres, hanging out, and praying....



 The whole wedding, and everyone in it, definitely made sure that God was a main part of this day. I was actually very humbled by spending the weekend with Curtis, Cassidy, their family and friends. They make sure that their faith plays a part in their every day. There was such an awesome vibe coming off of everyone because of the way they put God and prayer first. I feel pretty honored just to be a part of it.

(sorry for the distortion on this one... They way it came out on the blog looks really crazy compared to when I put it together....)

And after the prayers, good lucks, and well wishes we head off to start the ceremony.....
...but this is where I will leave you for part I. Stay tuned for more in the next couple days.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment